And it tastes in the food! So why not treat yourself and spend a virtual weekend in Venice during spring? Our first online culinary class, dedicated to showing the gardens and lush nature of the Lagoon Venice in spring, also takes you on a unique culinary voyage of discovery.
Only two generations ago, our grandparents knew how to benefit fully from the treasures growing in the Lagoon. Leafing through grandmother's recipe journals, we discovered so many recipes using spring plants and blossoms. These are recipes so similar to the historical ones, in which food equals medicine equals beauty, inside and outside.
Spend a spring weekend exploring Venice on your own time. Explore the flora of the Lagoon, and its edible herbs and their benefits.
Enjoy simple and natural dishes enriched with herbs and spices in the right amount and right combinations to mitigate chronic health issues.
Learn Venetian cooking secrets and improve skin and wellbeing, and seaonal issues, such as allergies
Get to know the six basic flavors and colors of which nourishing food consists.
Starting out in the northern Lagoon, we explore Lagoon vegetable gardens and sandbanks overgrown with sea lavender and edible herbs.
For almost 1,200 years, Venetian food was famous all over Europe. The merchants of Venice sold exclusive spice mixtures in Europe, alongside recipe booklets. In our culinary classes, we share the recipes contained in these books, translated into English for the first time. We also share the principles of ancestral food, and you will get to know the edible herbs of the Lagoon.
Culinary framework of this class: Exploring the Venetian beauty kitchen.
- This is Venice in spring
- Spice elixirs and forgotten recipes
- Welcome from Iris and Lina
- Eating healthy, Venetian style
- Our take on food and cooking
- Class Curriculum
- How to benefit from Venetian culinary heritage in three steps
- Shopping list + class workbook
- The Lagoon of Venice (video)
- How agriculture works in the Lagoon
- The Venetian spring pantry
- Papa Luciani's Venetian Flavor Square
- Spring detox: The agreste flavor at work
- Recipes for Day One
- Introducing ancestral Lagoon food (video)
- Ancestral food on your plate
- Spring herbs from the Lagoon
- How we tackle spring fatigue
- Recipes: Green spring risotto and blossom tea
- How to balance your diet and reduce acidity
- The plants of the southern Lagoon (video)
- Anti-influenza and wellness herbs from the Lagoon
- Health and beauty secrets of wild herbs
- Clean eating: Six ingredients from the Lagoon
- Le Salse Verdi: Venetian spring sauces
- Recipes: Lina's laurel milk and detox blossom teas
- Foraging for wild herbs in the Lagoon + where to taste them (video)
- Losing weight with Venetian herbal recipes
- Basic principles of the Venetian diet
- Recipe: Castraúre ripiene con taleggio e pinoli: Spring artichokes with Taleggio cheese and pine nuts
- Making almond milk at home
- Spring treat: Ginger thyme spice latte
- Making bread, Venetian style
- Baking for 25 April: Marci Pane: The original recipe of marzipan
- A word about the gardens in Venice: Hortus Conclusus
- Moon gardening in the Lagoon
- Barene, islands and wildlife in the Lagoon (video)
- Secret Lagoon: A tale of two islands
- A fun quiz to test your understanding
- What's next + a little gift for you